As you kick off the new year, here are five things making news in the cannabis industry:
- NICHE Blog: The Top Ten of 2018; 2018 was truly the year of cannabis, but some stories stood out from the crowd. Here’s a look at NICHE’s top ten cannabis stories of 2018.
- BotaniQ News: We’re about to launch in the United Kingdom! We will be the first publication solely dedicated to medicinal cannabis in the UK and the first to reach legislators and policy-makers in Westminster!
- The past 12 months have proved to be a boon for cannabis legalization advocates around the world, and the trend is only expected to continue in 2019. Here’s a look at some countries that may decide to follow suit and legalize cannabis in 2019.
- ‘Even though it might be difﬁcult to buy recreational cannabis in Canada right now it’s the medical cannabis patients who are really suffering. We need to have a steady and safe supply and we’re not seeing that yet.’ One Canadian gives their perspective on the medical system.
- Food for Thought: When the next phase of cannabis legalization takes effect in October 2019, it will usher in a plethora of new rules and regulations, while signalling yet another psychedelic shift in Canadian society. As Maclean’s reports, Canada will likely have to make amendments to several other pieces of legislation, including the Food and Drugs Act, the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act and the Cannabis Act itself.