As you kick off the week, here are five things making news in the cannabis industry:
- The new edition of BotaniQ magazine is hot off the press! From discussions on edibles and extractions to industry trailblazers and building a successful brand, the issue has something for everyone. Download a copy today to get the latest cannabis news and insights.
- Research News: B.C. Cancer will lead a first-ever, national clinical trial that aims to answer whether cannabis plant extracts truly help with symptom relief. As the Vancouver Sun reports, a Health Canada-approved Whistler medical cannabis producer will donate the oil extracts to be taken by cancer patients in nine cities across Canada.
- As the Jan. 22 deadline to accept or decline cannabis shops looms, more than a third of the 414 eligible municipalities in the province have yet to decide. As of Friday afternoon, councils representing some 170 cities, towns, townships and regions across the province had not exercised their option to bar brick-and-mortar pot shops from their precincts.
- Have you participated in the consultation on the proposed cannabis regulations of edibles, extracts and topicals? It’s not too late. The questionnaire will be available until February 20, 2019. Have your say today!
- Food for Thought: “There is a lot of confusion in the industry about what is legal, what is CBD, what is cannabis, what is hemp. There’s a lot of education that has to happen.” Here’s an important look at the laws and regulations around CBD.