As you kick off the week, here are five things making news in the cannabis industry:
- Regulation News: The first round of cannabis operator licences under Ontario’s licensing regime have been issued. Global News shows us the first three locations.
- Opinion: Ottawa’s latest rules risk ruining cannabis-infused beverages before they’re even legal;
Cannabis-infused beverages have the potential to be one of the safest
and most popular methods to consume cannabis, but that is only possible
if legislators don’t ruin these beverages before they even become legal.
- In honour of International Women’s Day, Leafly spoke to five women who are leading the charge at Canadian cannabis companies, to find out what life is like for women in weed.
- Facebook is considering making changes to its strict rules that could potentially allow users to both sell and promote cannabis and related products.
- Food for Thought: Cannabis industry regulators have imposed strict rules on packaging that go beyond even the regulations imposed on the alcohol trade. Some advocates believe this packaging is doing more harm than good.