As the holiday week continues, here are five things making news in the cannabis industry:
- NICHE Blog: What does Bill 2 mean for cannabis in Quebec? While the CAQ posits Bill 2 will keep people, especially youth, from using, others argue it’s a recipe to push consumers back into the illicit market. Read more in our latest blog.
- Have your say! Health Canada invites Canadians to share their views on the proposed regulations for cannabis edibles, extracts and topicals – Check out this infographic summarizing the information. You have until February 20, 2019 to provide feedback.
- “We’ve got to get the black market out of this stuff, or (else) why are we doing it?” – The Premier of Manitoba talks cannabis in his year-end interview, including plans for retail and public consumption.
- ICYMI: Here’s how to purchase recreational cannabis online in every province and territory, including legal age, sales tax, shipping costs and types of products available.
- Food for Thought: In this poignant Op-Ed from Ashleigh Brown, the founder of SheCann, she discusses how medical cannabis has fundamentally changed her life and asks why is it being taxed … twice?