As you kick off the week, here are five things making news in the cannabis industry:
- Information around the use of edibles and extracts presents one of the largest gaps in education. As our CEO explains in this feature, “unrestricted grants by industry to independent bodies would allow the development and on-the-ground delivery of effective educational campaigns.”
- One of Canada’s largest cannabis companies, Canopy Growth, has partnered with drug awareness organizations to create digital tools aimed at curbing drug abuse among young people. Global News has the details.
- Have questions about Health Canada’s cannabis licensing changes? The government is holding a digital information session on licensing changes on June 11. Register today with the password: Canada2019.
- ICYMI: The moratorium on permitting new cannabis stores in Alberta has been lifted and the province plans to issue five new licences per week. As Global news reports, the government will monitor the supply to make sure it remains consistent for all retailers.
- Food for Thought: From awareness and accountability to action, here are some thoughts on what workplaces need to consider before implementing cannabis drug testing.